Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been watching the forums the last few months and it seems Fresh Shrimp is the way to go. The last 2 years I fished Apache Pier and there is a Produce stand right near the entrance to the Park that always had fresh Shrimp. Not sure they'll be open next week when I'm there. We are staying in North Myrtle, just wondering if anyone knows where my Dad and I can get our hands on the fresh stuff this time of year in that area. Just wanna say I appreciate all the good info and tips that I have received from this forum!

·
Registered
25 Posts
May sound crazy but you may want to call some of the local grocery stores in the area. Some have a seafood section and you can get fresh (not frozen) shrimp ... I agree they want be local and they may cost a bit more but just use a little bit of shrimp ... sometimes I wonder if I'm not better off to just eat the bait! Ha-Ha!

Nope ... it's still fun to feed the fish!

Good luck!

·
Registered
996 Posts
May sound crazy but you may want to call some of the local grocery stores in the area. Some have a seafood section and you can get fresh (not frozen) shrimp ... I agree they want be local and they may cost a bit more but just use a little bit of shrimp ... sometimes I wonder if I'm not better off to just eat the bait! Ha-Ha!

Nope ... it's still fun to feed the fish!

Good luck!

The "fresh" shrimp at a grocery store is flash frozen, shipped to the stores, and thawed for sale.
I have shrimp in my freezer from baiting season this past year that tastes as good as the night I brought it home.

BTW, I would stop by the grocery this past spring and pick up shrimp before fishing. Separate some out for bait and eat the rest that night. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.