Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
New Rod

I would like to see how far I can cast with my new 12 foot tica. I havent cast it during the day but I think it is going pretty far. I guess we will have to see. Aero, Larry, you guys going to be there? :D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Figures, have to work from 7am to 4pm. Some times life throws you a curve ball and whiff, but eventually, you get that sweet pitch you hit out of the park.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Oldbay,

Larry Ayers and Mr. 736 feet (Larry Brooks) will be there. Mark Edwards planned to show, but he discovered Cobia in Delaware Bay. If he up to it, you'll get a chance to see a few 675 -700 feet casts. I try to rememebr to mark the field so you'll know how you are doing.

DIRECTIONS TO KENILWORTH PARK:

From Downtown DC: Take East Capitol Street, East, past RFK, cross the Anacostia and bear Right towards I-295, immediately take the Left fork on to I-295 North. Exit at Burroughs/Minnesota, turn Left at the stop light and pass under the highway. At the five way stop Kenilworth Park is directly ahead of you. We use the first two fields on the right.

From the South: Take I-95/495 North (towards Baltimore) cross the Woodrow Wilson Bridge and take I-295 North. Exit at Burroughs/Minnesota, turn Left at the stop light and pass under the highway. At the five way stop Kenilworth Park is directly ahead of you. We use the first two fields on the right.

From the North: From I-95/495 South (towards Richmond) take Exit 22 on to the Baltimore/Washington Parkway/I-295 South. This turns into Kenilworth Ave. Exit at Burroughs/Minnesota. At the five way stop Kenilworth Park is to your Right. We use the first two fields on the right.

We do not allow spectators. Everyone is required to have fun:).

·
Registered
681 Posts
OldBay,

I'm currently on the vacation from h*ll. I will probably be there, I need to start working on getting ready for the worlds.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ill be there

Hey longranger,

Do we need to bring weights also? ANd does the type of line matter when casting for distance?

MC

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Guest?

LR,

I would like to bring a guest to Kelinworth park on Saturday. He is an avid fisherman and a good guy, but he is not a member of P&S (lurker). Is this all right? Maybe we can talk him into joining the board while he is out there. Thanks. :D

Aero - I hope you can make it. I want to see some world class casts. I also want to check out that ZZippy again.

·
Registered
681 Posts
OldBay,

I'm the low man on the totem pole. For world class u have to check out the longranger. Have you catching much on your lunch hour?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Wishin I was Fishin

I have been so bogged down with Work, School, Family, and friends Weddings that I have had very little time to fish in the last few weeks. :mad: I am going to get the potomac on Friday for some SMB and Cats. I am hoping that nothing keeps me from going. Seems likely to happen though. I will tell you how I did when I see you on Saturday.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can bring anyone that you wish. We like meeting new people. I normally use a 5oz bank sinker when I'm not on the tournament field. We prefer a high vis line so that we can find break offs. But, clear with a bright shock leader will also work. I will bring the shockleader material. We try to keep the field clear on lines. It is also used by kids and animals after we leave.

http://www.nps.gov/nace/keaq/

They also have water gardens, trails, and wildlife in the park. Just in case someone brings their family.

·
Registered
467 Posts
That eliminates me

all of my reels have PowerPro on them. Its not the Hi-Vis line its the dark green stuff. I dont have any Mono at my disposal so i guess i will have to join you guys next time. Is it ok if i still come and watch???

MC

·
Registered
681 Posts
Line

MC,

I'll bring an extra reel that's already spooled with hi-vis mono just for you. I'll also bring a spool of mono. Why? Because I'm just that type of guy. So I guess that counts you back in.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks Aero

Ill be there tomorrow. Thanks for the assist. I'll see you guys in the morning.

MC

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
m.c.

master caster i will allso try and bring an extra reel just in case somethings not right :) I'll see all u guys in the a . m.. I need some assistance on my release timeing on the pedulum and the brighton.:)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks for the lessons

Longranger,Aero993,LarryB,

You guys are Great. Thanks for all of your help today at the casting lessons. I know with much practice I will reach my goal of 500'. My dad had a great time as well. He was ready to go fishing when I got him home. He could say enough about the casting of the guys who were using the Pendulum and the Off the Ground cast. He wants to come to the clinic in Delaware on the 16th. If things go well we will be there. Thanks again for all of you guys help. OldBay,Naiad,Born2Fish and any of the guys who were there whose post name i didnt get It was great meeting all of you. I will see you all on the water sometime............Tight Lines

MC

1 - 20 of 38 Posts