Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Girlfriend found this site on a freebie board for a free spool of spider wire - while supplies last.

Check it out! When you hit "click here" you will get a pop up window to fill out your info. ;)
http://www.spiderwire.com/NonFlash/Splash.cfm

T<----->Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey free is free lets just hope it comes.

T<----->Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
You are the man Kozlow! You are the man. Heh, might have to nominate you for next month as well. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been using spider wire for years in freshwater and love the stuff, I now have all my rigs spooled with it, One word of caution if you get snagged don't try to break the stuff it will cut your hands up just get out the knife and cut it :eek:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Thanks for the info never tried the stuff so we will see how good it is.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I got some spiderwire 10 lb test free from ffo-tackle.com with an order.
Now hopefully I will be getting some more free spiderwire. What's the difference between stealth and regular spiderwire?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Koz----thanks for the great post. I have been interested in the stuff, but never was willing to release the funds to try it.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

First off, congrats to Kozlow for making Angler of the Month. Your constant research and posting of links has left the rest of us with a lot more time to fish! We appreciate your sacrafice....

I also ordered the spiderwire (hey, free is free)... but be warned. As jra3000 writes, it can be a killer on the fingers. If you load a reel with spiderwire (or any other braid), pick one that you won't be using on a partyboat (headboat.) After the first tangle, the mate will avoid you like the plague. Furthermore, if you become involved in subsequent tangles (even those that are obviously not your fault), it will surely be blamed on "the guy with the superline", your line will be cut first, and you'll have to retrieve your rig on your own. And beware how you "pull" on a snag -- your rod may break before the line!

On a positive note, it makes a great line for catfish and carp -- just use a threeway sinker and attach the weight with a low testing mono (or a rubberband.) The line is supersensitive, and you'll be able to tell if a big cat or carp is breathing on your bait!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Supplies are exhausted at this time. But you can still get a $ 2.00 coupon towards your next purchase if you visit the site.

T<----->Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I have 12lb test Spiderwire on my bass pole and I can use it in the heaviest cover. It also works well around pilings for black drum, spadefish, and flounder. It also works well around the house for minor repairs. Heh, spiderwire and duct tape...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I bought my spiderwire off ebay. Paid less than half price for it. And the price I was comparing it to was from several internet sellers who's prices are alot lower than retailers and places like bass pro etc. I also picked up 2500 yards of spiderline super mono for 12.50 I thing shipping was 5.00 If your into powerpro it sells for less than half price. Only line that I see go for close to retail is trylene big game and that still sells for a couple of dollars less. That I don't understand are the people who bid on items and not know what it really costs. Take those Jarvis Walker reels, I see people bidding into the 30's and sometimes into the upper 40's. You can buy it online at Jamestackle.com for somewhere in the lower twenties. Also, I see digitaldagger.com selling items really resonable. The only items that theu sell high are the sealine xb boat rods which are really high, I saw the same items at alltackle.com,eangler.com, tackledirect.com or someother internet seller for in the upper 60's while they wanted 110.00. That could just be that their supplier doesn't have a good connection for that specific line. But their other stuff is reasonable. Sorry for the long post. I just hate to buy something and then find it alot cheaper after I buy it.

P

·
0 Posts
I contacted Customer Service today. They said promotional items don't begin to be shipped until the end of the promotion date. In this case, March 15. And then, it takes between 4-6 weeks to receive. So everyone should receiving their spool of Spiderwire Stealth before too long, end of April at the latest. :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts