Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i was wondering if anyone is familiar with fountain head park, occoquan reservoir, planned to do some fishing, maybe rent a boat. any hot spots in that area? i normally fish the bay (saltwater fisherman), but a friend of mine wants to try this place out, since he lives close by. thanks for any help.

fish-on

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can't tell you anything about the hot spots but I remember about 5 years ago a guy landed a 60 lb flathead catfish out of there. Couldn't get to a scale big enough to weigh him that day, so he kept it overnight in a canoe filled with water in his back yard. Got him weighed and then took him back to the reservoir and released him. Should be about 75 lbs by now. Go get him. Granpa

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have fished out there with not much luck from the shore. However, the bass fishing is supposed to be great and I see a lot o people out on boats. Most likely catching fish that I didn't.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi "fish-on",
I have fished Fountain Head before. You definitely need to rent a boat to gain some mobility. Try the coves preferably with fallen timber or other structure. I have caught catfish, shad, bass, and crappie.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi "reddog1",

I caught all the fish at Fountain Head on lures:

Curly tail jigs

Rebel R's

Deep diving lures

Sonic vibrating lures

1 - 6 of 6 Posts