Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove through Fort story last week just to check out the place. I haven't heard much about the place on the forum. Wondering if it is worth paying a visit next time I'm in that area. Has anyone attempted to fish there lately? Didn't seem like anyone was catching anything at the harbor master. Also any input on dam neck would be appreciated. Dropped by there also but they closed at 5..bummer. Thanks guys.

Addicted

·
Registered
633 Posts
i like fishing at the dam neck beach...i was just in school there a couple of weeks ago...was on base for 2 weeks......i went to the fishing beach alot......they close the beach at dark or when a storm comes through..........i had alot of luck on cut bait there...i'd buy some nightcrawlers since they are cheaper than bloodworms and caught a couple of croaker for cut bait..........from that i'd catch alil of everything there....croaker,spot,baby sharks,grey trout,blues and a few skates.......

i went to ft. story and fishing right in front of the lighthouse......caught a couple of croakers.. nothing special...but the cape henry is prob one of the best spots to fish in this area... because its the entrance to the bay..every fish has to pass through there ...i heard they catch alot of puppy drum there....but i think i just had a bad day lol...i will try it out again soon....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.