Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there is any good fishing at Ft Story. We have decided to wait a couple of weeks before we goto AI, so we will be coming down to fish Sandbridge. We are going to be staying at Ft Story.

Also What has been the best time to fish LI, day or night? And where is a good bait shop somewhere between FS and LI that is pretty easy to find?

We will be arriving late Thursday night and plan on fishing all day Friday. Maybe Sat morning at CBBT. If anyone is planning on fishing then let me know and maybe we can hook up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I only fished the ocean side of Ft. Story a couple of times early last fall under some very rough surf conditions catching a few croakers. It seemed like a promising spot though, and it was nicely tucked away from the VA Beach tourist crowd. Unfortunately, I've no idea if anything is biting there this time of year. By the way, does anybody know whether Ft. Story is still open to civilians given the orange terror alert? Finding a parking spot on a nearby street can be a real pain.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a bait shop at the foot of the bridge at li called bubba's. Also the lighthous tackle shop, about a mile or so from bubba's on the same side of shore drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts