Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Saturday morning from 6am till 8am using fishbites crab and bloodworms. Managed three very small Whiting on the bloodworms and a three foot Sandy on the crab which managed to pull my sand spike out of the ground and had me chasing my rod to the water. .

·
Registered
89 Posts
I usually carry a 2x4 in my cart to hammer my spikes down in the sand so I don't lose a rod, has worked so far, also if you loosen drag up pretty good it might keep something from running off.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I usually carry a 2x4 in my cart to hammer my spikes down in the sand so I don't lose a rod, has worked so far, also if you loosen drag up pretty good it might keep something from running off.
It was hammered in pretty good but my drag was too tight. It was one of those times when you haven't caught anything, turn your back on your rods and start twiddling with things on your cart and when I finally came to my senses, the rod was heading towards the water. Lesson learned.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
It was hammered in pretty good but my drag was too tight. It was one of those times when you haven't caught anything, turn your back on your rods and start twiddling with things on your cart and when I finally came to my senses, the rod was heading towards the water. Lesson learned.:rolleyes:
😂

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fished Saturday morning from 6am till 8am using fishbites crab and bloodworms. Managed three very small Whiting on the bloodworms and a three foot Sandy on the crab which managed to pull my sand spike out of the ground and had me chasing my rod to the water. . View attachment 68094 View attachment 68095
Great catch! I've wanted to fish up there but being relatively new to the area I haven't because I'm not sure where to go and what is allowed. I've drove through the area scoping it out and it's beautiful. Thanks for posting and the motivation. I'm going to give that area a go for sure.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that an area for active/retired military only ?
Yes, you have to be military active duty/dependents, government contractor with appropriate ID or retired military/civil service also with appropriate ID. You can only fish between dawn and dusk and the main beach access is the walkway across the street from the gas station and exchange/PX. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, you have to be military active duty/dependents, government contractor with appropriate ID or retired military/civil service also with appropriate ID. You can only fish between dawn and dusk and the main beach access is the walkway across the street from the gas station and exchange/PX. Good luck.
Thank you sir. This is very helpful info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts