Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the spring tides begin to fall back to a normal pattern, fish should be biting well. With the recent lack of rain, water clarity is much better. The big flounder are working their way in and are slamming any mudminnow or jig you put in front of them. With the recent cold front and dropping temperatures, the big trout and bass should be working their way into the surf and sounds providing everyone with a chance to tangle with the bass of a lifetime from the surf. Live or dead mullet, crabs and jumbo shrimp should be the ticket to ride.

Pompano should be heading south soon and that means they have to come through here. The larger specimens have been further north as best I can tell, so they are due to make a pit stop here on the way back to sunny Florida.

If you haven't had the chance, now is the chance to come on down. If you're looking for one last trip of the year, now might be a good time. By the way, Florida Sportsman magazine voted Georgia the best place in October to tangle with monster redfish.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yea..Yea..Yea....Best fishing of the year...Tangling with a red drum of a lifetime....monster trout....flounder hitting anything that moves. %*(%(&#$%*&*(&*(*&%@#$!#&*())*&()^%$#(sound of Glenn cussing like a sailor). Don't know if I should Sh*t or go blind....maybe I'll just close one eye and fart. Came a couple of weeks ago for the "best fishing of the year" I thought...Guess I will have to miss it.:mad: Must be so nice to live so close to the Atlantic.....one day soon for me I hope. Hey Emanuel do me a small favor. When your out there catching all those fish...pause a moment, turn towards dew west, hold that cold Guinness up hight in the air and say this is for Glenn...wish he was here. It might make me feel a tiny bit better. Good luck with the bigguns'. Thanks man.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
LMAO! Hey Emmanuel does your report say August:eek: Don't worry we know what ya meant.;)

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why yes it does say August. I blame the tequila for that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.