Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got a couple keepers, along with a bunch of shorts, bayside in LBI early Saturday morning, on 5" chartreuse gulp on a plain jig head. They both had decent size spot in their bellies. I saw a 26" weak caught, but didn't get any myself. There were some cocktail blues in the mix as well. I don't know about down south, but I heard killies have been kind of scarce this year. I couldn't buy a hit until I switched up to a larger profile bait.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hey phillyguy Higbee's Beach has been on fire as well with the weakies. White 1/4 oz buck tail and purple worm

·
Registered
602 Posts
Didn't get a pic, but the guy next to me this AM landed the biggest fluke I have ever seen in person. Off the beach in Ocean City on a minnow, taped out at 25 1/2" and fat. I'm lousy at guessing weight (ask my wife!) but I'm thinking 9-10lb. It was Megalo-Fluke. As for me, it was all juniors, 14 fluke all between 10 and 15", on a bucktail w/teaser tipped with white gulps. BW got nothing, ditto for squid strips. Best action was on the incoming 930-1030 am. All fish hit the teaser.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been catching them in Barnegat Inlet on pink gulp but not many keepers. I went out on Friday again but man I think every boat and jet ski in N.J. was out there and the jetty was elbow to elbow. Never have seen it that crowded before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts