Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple of fluke rigs yesterday, but there are no directions on the best way to use them. they are 3-way swivels with thick mono and a hook on one and a large snap swivel on theh other part of the 3-way. can someone please describe how to attact weight and fish it. I fish rudee inlet, off the rocks. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bassn :) :confused:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Probably, without seeing the rig; weight goes on the snap, main line ties directly to the 3-way. Fishing Rudee, you can probably get away with 1 ounce or less.

Add a "trailer bait" to the hook. Something like a grub, mullet, killi, strip, etc. Then slow drag along the bottom, maybe some hopping.

Tight lines and blue skies,

Salty

·
Registered
212 Posts
Bassn, best way I found to use them rigs is as follows:

1. Cut the hook off and tie on a 16 inch leader.

2. Attach leader to a barrel swivel

3. Slide 1/2 to 3/4 oz egg sinker onto line and attach barrel swivel

4. Throw the rest of the rig away or save for spare parts.

I do all my flounder fishing with a simple carolina rig tipped with a minnow or finger mullet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

Thanks Salty and Flounder Pounder,

I appreciate the info, I will probably be at rudee inlet giving it a whirl this evening. Let me know I you all are ever out in the evening in the va bch area, would love a fishing buddy to soak lines with. Usually by my self, the wife really doesn't like fishing much.---bassn:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
here is another way to use it. tie barrel snap swivel to main line. tie a small amount of line (about 12") to third eye. form a loop in the line with a overhand knot. this loop will allow you to attach a bank sinker or bell sinker and be able to change weight as needed. I like to use line that is several lbs test less than main line so if the sinker gets hung you will not loose your whole rig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.