Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted yall to know even though most of yall already know what im talkin bout. I got the flu and it SUCKS!!! Just a heads up for yall and try not to get it cause like i said it sucks!:barf:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I am just now getting over it. I was suffering last week and there is still some remnance of it as I type. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of liquids and stay out of the cold.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sorry your feeling like Sh##. hope you get better soon. Man being sick during this time of year does suck!
TC:mad:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just curious as a nurse. Did you get your flu shot? I'm interested in
knowing whether it worked. Hope you are both on the road to
recovery!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think i did get one but I really dont know. The only thig good about havin the flu is no school for me for a while. But then again the more days i miss the more make-up work:mad:

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I believe this year's vaccine missed this year's strain, so it wouldn't have stopped you from getting sick anyway.

Flu is absolutely raunchy stuff. People call it "the flu" when they get a little sore or sick or pukey, but none of that stuff is true influenza. When you get it, you know it. I had it two years ago and I thought I was going to die--103 fever, hallucinations, aches so bad I literally had to crawl because I couldn't stand, out of work for 10 days...

Best of luck in getting better. All these cooties are enough to turn you into a Howard Hughes in his later years. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good handwashing is the key and isolating yourself from the world would
help too. But... who wants to do that. So far, we have had no flu in the
long term care facility I work at. Hope it stays that way but I doubt it. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and a happy and healthy New Year.:D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Folks be careful with these bugs going around. My youngest (13) son has been running around with a cough, runny nose and low grade fever (99.5) off and on for the last week. He's also been fatigued, but its been off and on. He's obviously sick, but it hasn't seemed to be too serious.

Well, my wife took him to the Dr. yesterday and it turns out that he has pneumonia. Apparently, its very easy to treat once diagnosed, the problem is getting people to see the Dr. (this is according to the Dr.). They said that they're many cases become serious because the symptons don't seem too bad (much less than flu) and people are figuring its a cold. Needless to say, hospital beds are filling up.

So, take the time to get checked and hopefully all will be able to enjoy Christmas at home.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds like i have the same thing as dbarns son. I have been running a fever between 100 and 101.8 for 2 days now. I have a horrible cough and my body feels tender. If i do not get rid of this thing soon i may have to go to the doctor to see what i got.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I had it last year for the first time in a long time, no fun at all. I'm trying to avoid it this time around but the ol immune system doesn't always cooperate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I may open a can of worms, I don't intend to but, I must state this because I care for my fellow P&S'ers, and in some cases I mean this not only for adults. One glass (6oz ) of Sherry has great preventative powers and not just for the flu. I take no blame for abuse. Get your shots and don't get dehydrated.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I think a lot of people confuse colds and stomach viruses with true flu, or influenza. But if you get the real flu, you can't mistake it.

I had it two winters ago. I ran a 103-104 degree fever (I actually hallucinated one day), shook so violently that I almost passed out, lost about 15 pounds, and was so weak for several days that I literally had to crawl from the couch to the bed because I fell over when trying to stand. I was down for 10 days and honestly thought I was dying at one point.

There's no mistaking the flu; I really hope none of you folks get it because it is about the worst you will ever feel.

And leadslinger, I agree with your prescription: since I started drinking bourbon on a daily basis, I haven't had a single illness I can remember clearly. :p

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I'm a big fan of a bottle of brandy when I have the flu. Usually, when the flu gets me I half hope for the sweet release of the great sand bar in the sky.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just took my temp and im 102.3:( . I hope i get better i cant afford to miss any more work or school. I will be really upset if i cant go fishing this weekend. If i get better by sat night im going to chicks around 1 am or so to catch the out going tide.:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Get better Brandon, my hopes and prayers are with you. I hope to be at chix or cbbt Sat Try some Sherry. I don't really recomend Brandyand still getting your shots is an option.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Lot's of chicken soup, Nyquil, sleep and water should do the trick. Get better soon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts