Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the absence of the car, I've been practicing my flounder techniques in the creek behind the house.

First trick is to get some live finger mullet or mud minnows. Then take an light combo, spooled with 8 pound test and tie on a 15-20 mono leader. Or, go without a leader if you like living dangerously. Use a 1/4 to 3/4 oz egg sinker and bead with a small stopknot or split shot to keep the sinker from sliding up onto the hook. I like a #4 kahle hook or Owner circle hook myself. Pitch out your bait of choice and slowly work it back to you. If your line is light enough, you should be able to feel the sinker move along the bottom. When you feel the quick tug, let it sit for a few seconds, this will allow the flounder to get the bait deep enough. Set the hook, not too hard and enjoy the fight! Hopefully, I'll get to find a big flounder spot soon, as soon as the car situation is remedied.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The creek is also fun because I can drink as many beers as I want and not have to drive anywheres afterwards. Last night, what I think was possibly the biggest trout I have ever seen in my life came flying through the air smashing some shrimp. That sure woke me up!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.