Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick bite on Holloween. Fish were cought on mullet heads an hour before high tide.

I was hooked up while taking the last pic and got to my fish. Missed Paper by .5" at the forks Only about the hundreth time that happened to me.

Got up Sat. morning and got into a couple trout. This one made it back to the house for dinner. Also had one other keeper @ 12" that was a grey trout.

Sat night the little blues stormed the beaches and we cought all we could have wanted on tins. I was tossing a 1oz T-Hex and lucked into this 19" flounder.

Had a great relaxing weekend. With a new kid it is too few and far between to get to the point. It's always nice to bring home dinner though. Got to meet Luigi of the famed Mario Brothers this weekend which added to the entertainment as well

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
good looking fish... I'll be there next weekend through mid week... hope the weather holds out for us...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
nice fish melon head :D

we got some fish saturday out in mac's boat...big amberjack are hellllla fun, specially when they explode on topwater plugs :D :D

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
How far out do you go for them? Yakable?
not really yakable...you can google ar-340/345 , i want to say 340 is 6 miles, and 45 is 9?

can still see the beach, but it'd be a long asssssss paddle.

also, i dont think u could land one there in a yak, you have to put so much heat on them sumbitches to keep them out of the wreck in that shallow water..i got a new setup im pushing like 25lb of drag out,and then i still tighted it up during the fight, and a couple of em with rip like 10-20ft of 30lb of drag like its not even there in a burst...

iuno how much longer they'll be close like that and shallow enough for topwater as this water keeps coooling, but they'll be around deeper on jigs..you should come down :D

Jesse

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Not only does my stash look terrible...

It looks like I have a terrible gas pain in the first picture. Steve you were suppose to shave your stash in and you left Luigi and I out to dry. Frank's stash takes the cake. Jesse quit posting your reports in others reports trying to steal their thunder.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Perty work Gilly, guess the Point was the place to be. We fished North of the point and caught all the big doggies you could want.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like I have a terrible gas pain in the first picture. Steve you were suppose to shave your stash in and you left Luigi and I out to dry. Frank's stash takes the cake. Jesse quit posting your reports in others reports trying to steal their thunder.
I'll definately do it next trip. I had too bad a headach to even think about putting a razor to the face Sat morning.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
oh damn jeb, that was you in the first pic?

didnt recognize you, i figured if someone took a pic of you with the flash on, there would be a monster reflection from your dome.

Jesse

1 - 14 of 14 Posts