Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FL. Fishing pictures 12-7-19

Got back from Venice FL. yesterday. Had a good month in FL. Here is a few pictures of the beach fish we caught. IMGP1928.jpg IMGP1928.jpg IMGP1932.jpg IMGP1944.jpg IMGP1951.jpg IMGP1950.jpg

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Nice job Andy. What bait did you use? Me and my buddies are heading down next week. We hope to land some pomps, sheeps and load up on whiting. Were there any reds caught by you and others??

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought posted a picture of a red. Maybe not. Yes Don caught a few reds. Can't keep red fish right now because of the red tide fish kill. Also can't keep snook or trout. Your not going to believe this. We caught all fish on sand flea flavored Fish Bites on a double bottom rig with small size circle hooks. Put rod in sand spike and wait for rod to go down and stay down. Then just wind it in.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Yup, I remember it was a puppy drum your friend caught. I did well shrimp flavor FB for the whiting. I will pick up some sandflea flavor when we get down there.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TunaFish, My Brother in-law caught a good size snook live lining a 4" whiting. I will ask him to send me a picture and post for you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pompanos are mentioned in “Key Largo” (1948) starring Bogart, Bacall, Edward G. Robinson and Lionel Barrymore -

Johnny Rocco: “Back in Chicago in the old days, we'd pay
$ for an order of pompano. They used to fly it in.

The way they served it. . .
. . .done up in a brown paper bag. . . .
Got any champagne?
No champagne.
Well, that's too bad.”

Champagne and pompano.

They really go together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts