Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason,

Are you still going to be at Dix for the summer? If so, let me know and I will show you around the north country. The fishing is on right now! BIGGGGGG trout...I mean weakfish, blues, stripers flounder. Will be out all this weekend and most other weekends this summer.

That offer is open to anyone who wants to explore some new territory in Jersey. I won't be back to DE until July when the croakers are thick. Too much good fishing up north right now. I'll be keeping an eye on things just in case it heats up.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Jamey,

Hey well plans changed overnight pretty much. I was scheduled to go to dix in May then they said june or july. Now they tell me I am on call from now till nov. So they call my unit when they need me and I drive up there and work a few days and then come back. It is all a scam so they don't have to pay me the extra $$$$. I would get tdy money $225 a day extra so they are trying to minimize the days I am up there. Kind of disappointed b/c I needed the $$. Divorce got me diggin real deep in the pockets. I still am up for the fishing there if ya show me. My schedule is pretty booked all the way through July right now but after that we will have to hook up and do some fishin. You have to hook me up with some flounder. I am going to try to target them and trout this summer. So will definitely need your help zen master. :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason,

I have not targetted flounder yet, but plan to start in a week or two. Fluke numbers on the inshore spots should peak within the next two weeks, but shorts are already starting to dominate versus early in the season when every fish is a keeper, but there are only a handful around. Right now I am focusing on weaks, and they are in for sure. I don't know how much longer the run will last though. There will be some trout around all summer, but now is the time for tiderunners and numbers. Once water temps warm, boat traffic increases, and the weekend crowds start things will slow considerably. There will still be plenty of action in July though.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Sweet

Sounds good I will get with you later than and give you some possible dates we could meet up and get some lines wet. If I do head up there I will definitely bring my poles and give you a holla. Thanks Jamey.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts