Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont remember but read somewhere that using fresh shrimp instead of the frzen shrimp at the bait shop is better is this true or should i not waste $15 on fresh shrimp and use the frozen stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Well my idea is not to spend 15 bucks on shrimp in the first place. But Fresh shrimp are far better than frozen bait shrimp. Most of the time I buy what I need, 1/4lb or so. That makes it less than 2 bucks in most cases. Yes you get "more shrimp" when you buy "bait" shrimp per Lb, But ask yourself a question would I eat that? You are asking the fish the same question. I have found 2.00 bucks on fresh out fishes the lb of bait shrimp by far.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fresh vs frozen....no contest...fresh,and if you don't catch any fish you can have shrimp for supper!

·
Registered
291 Posts
hmm well the only time i use fresh shrimp is in georgia and at that place they sell like a bucket full for 4 dollars. But fresh is about six million times better then frozen and maybe even a little more.

·
Registered
270 Posts
No contest. Fresh shrimp just work better. Catch more fish and stay on the hook longer. Most of the time I spend less than $3 for my bait.Dont bother with frozen if you can get fresh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
if those shrimp cost 15$ they better be able to teleport or talk to you. i use fresh shrimp for most of my pier fishing and they work better then frozen just cause of the smell, but these freshies only cost 6-7$ topps :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've fished with family...I've fished with friends...I've even fished with my dog a time or two. Can't say that I've fished with shrimp! I wouldn't imagine they'ed be too talkative, I mean with their little shrimp mouths and all. Do they offer to split the gas? ;-)LOL! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts