Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the afternoon and evening fishing at Lynnhaven Pier again. LOTS of spots. They were really running and had GOOD size to them. Lots of people catching 2 at a time.

After dark the action slowed but picked up a little around 10pm.

I also had the great opportunity to meet Kajun and his friend Dave. Baddog was out there too and we had a good time fishin and shootin the poop.

Kajun thanks for the filleting lesson...I think I got it now.

Time to go fry some spot fillets......

;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Gman, I guess I'll see you friday night if your gonna be there. If nothin is happenin there we could jump in the truck and head to Lesner. Let me know. The surf could really be the place to be soon!:D

·
Registered
634 Posts
graphix/baddog nice meetin ya'll.....

i got there about 6:30pm(halfway into the run)....when i walked out on the pier the whole left side ...bent poles! lol...i grabbed a spot and started chunking bloodworms,2 poles...soon as it would hit the bottom...big spot!...i caught 15-20 in about 40 minutes...then it started to taper off.....all big spot....guy next to me said they weren't yellow bellies...i've never caught spot this big....so i cant wait for the yellow belly run lol...he said they get 1 to 1.5 lb...mmmmm....seen some full ice chest and 5 gallon buckets tonight....

i stayed until 1am...started catching alot of small blues jiggin shrimp bits in the lights...had a good time...i think i'll be heading out there more often after seeing all them spot caught lol......that first pic that graphix posted is me:)

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Dang

As usual I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Looks like a good night by all. I'll try and make it out next weekend.

Spent my day aiding my great great aunt clear her freezer of hundreds of pounds of meat. Fortunately there were no fish spoiled.

Come to think of it, maybe it's a blessing in disguise that the fish bite wasn't better this year. Cause if it was, just think of how many freezer stored fish would have been lost from Izzy.:(

I miss Harrison's already. But I have become comfortable fishing on Lynnhaven Pier. Your decision to go there more often Kajun is a good one. It's a good pier with good folk.:cool:

Those yellow bellies should make an appearance any day now.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm on the way

I'm off on Friday, had planned on going to Virginia Beach but now I'm going to make a detour to Lynnhaven. Will anyone else be free tomorrow? I'd love to meet some of you

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Looking at the pics maybe I will go to VA for the Columbus day weekend.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Good report!!

Graphix, nice pix. I plan to head out there this weekend. Hearing report like that, I don't want to work anymore.. i want to go out there fishing, relaxing... but unfortunately... gotta put food on the table...

How big are blues now?
Hope to meet some of you out there this weekend!

Crawfish <=Real Cajun food=>

·
Registered
206 Posts
as always i was here but got there to late. the spot were running good as they have been. i have been told they are around lynnhaven about to hours before high tide and have been for the last few days. better in the day time. i will be out there again this weekend Friday and saturday nights. maybe some drum action.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

and good meeting u kajun

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I'm down for a week starting Saturday! Time to stock the freezer with big fall spot and stock my bait freezer with spot heads!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey GraphixDude,

Mom and I are heading down your way this weekend. Not sure when we are arriving but sometime on Saturday. A really, really bitc--- week at work and I need to get away. Hope to see you on the pier. Those of you fishing on Lynnhaven this weekend, you can't miss me. I'll be near the burgundy wheelchair, so stop by and say "hi". I would love to meet more P & S people.

:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Poleant - yeah bro I will fish Friday for sure. Lookin forward to fishin with you again.

Sandflea - Ill see YOU on saturday if you head out to lynnhaven pier....yeah I know im a fishin fool.

Catfishmamma - see you when you get here! We gotta outfish yer momma this time! She sure is cool. ;)

Everyone else....tight lines and a safe trip to the pier.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
catfishmama

I can't make it this weekend. After school clothes this month and Hurricane prep and supplies, I am tapped out.

Look out next weekend. I'll be loaded and will spend the weekend on shore and pier. Probably the last one for me before the cooler weather sets in.

Just remembered...I'll be moving soon. Then there's Thanksgiving and Xmas. Not to mention three other clusters of disturbances out in the Atlantic.:eek: Can't spend too much $$. Probably invest in a bottle of bleach and go on a scavenger hunt for them there backyard earthworms. And walk the beaten path on the free public beaches.

Look for me.......I'll be the lady with the 150 quart cooler packed full of fish thumbing a ride from the beach patrol.:D

Enjoy your weekend. Do check the weather though. Rain's a possibility.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thrifty Angler -

Lookin forward to fishin with you sometime. Sorry you can't make the trip this weekend...believe me I know how it is.

I'll look for you next weekend.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts