Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am getting the wifey out to chix beach tonight. Gonna try casting some metals and have some frozen mullet and bunker out. Hopefully I can get her one of those big'ol rays. See ya'll out there.

Todd

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:barf: here we go again :barf:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately we didn't get to make it out last night, all you parents with kids know what I am talking about. But we already have a sitter set up for tonight. chix or the cbbt? Not sure yet.

nycfishon--no, I dont' eat them. My wife is not a fisherwoman and when she goes with me she gets bored easily. I have gotten her into some fish, all pretty small though. and the last time we were out, she said she is ready for somethign that gives a good fight. Well, round here this time of year, I think that is about the only thing, or at least your best chances, of a good fight. Stingrays are good for something:) :)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I was looking for you last night. I had Mrs. C2H&G out too. She don't fish but likes to spend time with the hubby.

Fishing report:
Fished Chix from 630p-1030p on an incoming tide. Caught pinfish, spot and croaker and tossed the smaller ones out whole on a fishfinder rig. Screaming reels. Landed 8 sharks between 24" to 30" and lost a few more. Best bite was at sunset. Funny thing about the bait I threw out whole. The sharks would eat just the belly of the fish and stop right at the hook (hooked the bait under the dorsal). You can see the outline of their bite. Cool. They ain't the best fighter, more like draggin in a boot, but it felt good to hear the clicker going off.

Maybe a good sign - the spot I caught were bigger. No 1# citation yellow bellies, but larger than the palm sized ones a few weeks ago.

Nice night: fishing (and catching), spending time with the Mrs., no bugs, no crowds and an empty 6 pack.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C2H&G

Nice to hear you and the mrs's had a good time. I will send you a note sometime and we will have to meet out there again. Nice job on the sharks. Eve and I went to seagull last night but didnt get a thing. two bites but no fish. Saw one giant croaker, maybe black drum, caught as we were walking out. HUGE! 3lb+. for sure.

todd.

·
Registered
823 Posts
skates and rays again :barf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts