Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can't keep rock after 12, but I was thinking about going to the narrows either tonight after trick or treat or tomorrow early in the morning. Is the fishing good there early in the AM or just at night?

I haven't been fishing in months...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
When I was there on wed, the fishing really started to heat up after midnight. I must have caught about 15 or so from midnight to about 1:20 when I decided to call it a night. There was only one boater left when I decided to quit and the fish were busting everywhere. If I didn't have to go to work the next day I probably would have stayed all night. Just love casting into breaking fish, even if they are just dinks. I have noticed when the fish are less active, try going to a real slow retrieve, I mean real slow. Have fun.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sometimes you just get lucky while the fish are in a feeding frenzy and land a keeper. Spoke to several guys who fish there often and they have managed to catch fish in the mid 20's during fish frenzy when mostly dinks are caught. You just have to put in your time. I witness this myself about 3 weeks ago when everyone was catching 8-12" dinks and all the sudden, this guy next to me pulls up a 20"er. He was using a large silver/blue rattler. It's almost impossible to catch anything bottom fishing if they're breaking everywhere. Just remember to bring some lures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts