Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to come down to the beach and bring Mom for Mother's Days. Which pier is the best place to catch blues, croaker, puffer fish or flounder? What bait are you using? Thanks for the help!! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
It seems to be really hit or miss. I'd call the piers when you are near...# are on the links to the hot spots. From what I've seen and read the past few days, most are being caught on gotchas or bloodworms (bloodworms are expensive..but it beats a day of catching nothing).

If you have a few people you may want to tried the pier on the bridge tunnel and split the cost.

Regulation flounder will be hard to find, you'd probably have better luck for that on the Eastern Shore.

The best bait all around bait that I've used around here is cut bait-Spot.

P

·
0 Posts
From the daily reports from Lynnhaven Pier, I would give them a try. Early mornings or late afternoons would probably be the best times to fish. Lynnhaven is very much wheel chair accessible. I am not sure if you have fished there before. The pier is wooden but the boards are very close together. And the pier is wide. There is a good restaurant at the entrance and a pretty good bait and tackle selection store. They even take credit cards. :cool: Blues, puffers, some croakers and roundhead have been reported all this week at Lynnhaven Pier. Now for not so good news. There have been a lot of stingray/skate caught there too.

Little Island Pier in Va Beach is open too. The ride is a long way from where you are. Might not want to give it a try till later in the season when there is a better variety of fish in the area.

Harrison Pier in Norfolk is another possibility. They have a website you can access under hot spots. Each time I have sent an e-mail to them, they have gotten back with an answer to my questions.

Keep a check on the weather. With this sudden warmth, there seems to be a lot of hit and miss showers and such.

I can think of no better way to spend the Mother's Day weekend than taking one's mom out fishing. Great continued bonding time. And she sure won't forget what she did this Mother's Day weekend. :)

Good Luck to the both of you this weekend.

·
Registered
63 Posts
my avdvice

It Might Be Helpfull It Might Not But If I Were To Take My Mother Out Fishing I Would Take Her To Norfork To Ocean View Fishing Pier It Used To Be Called Harrisons Pier She And Grandmaw Took Me There When I Was Younger I Had So Much Fun There Didint Know What I Was Catchin And Didnt Care I Even Had A Boat Rod U Just Drop Straight Down, But Of Corse I Tried To Cast It, Major Backlash---told Grandmaw I Had A 20lb Flounder On She Didn't Believe It But She Made My Fell Like It Was True. (good Family Pier):)

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Looks like that Cox broadband ad was true. Someone actually surfed to the end of the world wide web.:eek:

And what about that Pier and Surf Stirrer.....Looks like they walked the plank. :rolleyes: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts