Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with getting started with fishing the Virginia Beach area. I will be fishing there this summer on my vacation and hopefully when I finish school move down to the area. Some of the areas that would help would be bait, rigs, and local guides that do half day trips along with dolphin watching.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi "J." I haven't been fishing at the beach for a long time, but I saw your request and thought I could point you in the right direction. Rudee Inlet is home to the Virginia Beach Fishing Center (VBFC). The center has all that you ask for, all in one package. Just call: 757-422-5700, or you could just visit their site at: www.virginiafishing.com/
Hope this gives you some insight to what's available at the Oceanfront.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Any local pier should be catching spot croaker flounder trout ect. Best bet is to go and see what people are using then buy you stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you want to fish and watch dolphin at the same time, go to the Lynnhaven pier. A school of dolphin pass this pier several times a day. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
In addition to the dolphins at Lynnhaven Pier (I am still dying to see some but havent yet) you can take fishin trip and dolphin watching trips from Lynnhaven Fish Market. The dolphin watching trips are in the evening and cost 10 dollars, and the fishing trips cost 30 dollars - I think that is for all day but it may be only for a half a day. When you get to VB holla - I am really new to the area and salt water fishing as well and have been having a blast. Maybe we can hook up and catch some sea monsters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts