Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys; all things are pointing to good conditions for fishing this weekend at the Fort. It is a full moon weekend, water temps are almost 70 degrees, air temps in the upper 70's to low 80's, 60% cloud cover, and 5-8 mph winds from the NE. Tides are high around 9 AM and low around 2:30 PM, so I get to catch the outgoing and incoming without fishing late or earlyThe only blighter is that there is 60% chance of a thunder boomer or two,,,,big deal.

Gonna hit it hard starting Sunday after lunch after I drive up that morning and also fish all day Monday. Gonna throw out two fish finder circle rigs, baited with cut mullet as far as I can throw em and spike to the far left and far right of the Explorer, then gonna fish two bottom rigs with shrimp and fleas about 5-8 yards inside the fish finder spikes and gonna leave my self about 15 yards in the middle to throw metal and bucktails.

So if I don't catch anything this weekend, there ain't no fish at the Fort, period:D

Wish me luck and I wish luck to all you this weekend:fishing:

·
3,775 Posts
Fort Fisher.

You'll find it wierd bit the occasional pop up thunderstorms either hit SOuthport and come accross to firt fisher and move off the beach not hitting anywhere further north, or more often then not, start at the river and move out over Carolina and wrightsville beachs, leaving Fort Fisher Sunny and dry.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll find it wierd bit the occasional pop up thunderstorms either hit SOuthport and come accross to firt fisher and move off the beach not hitting anywhere further north, or more often then not, start at the river and move out over Carolina and wrightsville beachs, leaving Fort Fisher Sunny and dry.
Gonna bring a couple of beach umbrella's not for the sun but to sit under if it is a light rain, but a downpour, I am heading to the Explorer to wait it out..

By the way, is Blackburn Brothers Seafood open on Sunday cause I want to stop in and pick up some fresh bait shrimp on my way through CB on Sunday. Gonna be staying at Drifters Reef, so I thought I would just check in, pick up some bait and head to the Fort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.