Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took some doing to get used to the concept that they don’t have tackle shops here. Where I came from, they were everywhere. You simply picked your favorite one and they always had what you wanted. Jim’s Bait and Tackle in Cape May was my favorite. Peace Token was second in Cape May Courthouse. They had everything........in fact much more than Jim’s perhaps, but I loved going into Jim’s and they knew me, I knew them, and we loved each other. If you have a favorite tackle shop where you live, you get it.
anyway, I move to Beaufort, and I can’t quite get used to the idea that Walmart, and the hardware store are considered the only source. Secondly, the shelves are cleaned out! I mean empty......it’s as if nothing exists.
I have to add that to the short list I have.....“Things we don’t have down south” Italian food, seafood markets, and tackle shops. I’ll get by, but I do miss em.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny! Amazon and eBay have become my new tackle shop. But ribs will never take the place of all the Italian food I had so close to me before. It used to be South Philly. Italian place on every corner, all of them great. The joke was, a table for two in the non shooting section, as the mob staged quite a few killings in and right outside those places. Mob guys ate there regularly so finding them was easy I guess. Even the suburbs had great places outside philly. Today, you couldn’t pay me to go into that city.
in Cape May, I’m used to every kind of seafood you can imagine, and cheap! I did expect more down here, but it is what it is.
I’ll take the weather, lack of snow, less news hype, traffic is less, and I’m retired. Life is good. 😊 alex

·
Registered
517 Posts
You can always get equipment from online tackle stores. Tackle direct, Fish U.S.A., theres plenty. I personaly won't buy from flea bay and amozon. I have heard of a lot of bad stories about them and there shipping. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts