Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some good sites to check out rod discounted or cheaper tackle? looking to stock up before my october hatteras trip.

·
Registered
403 Posts
i havent found anything good really other than cabelas bargain basement, or overstock.com - if u find anything good do post do post!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Drumrunner....shame on you !!hatterasoutfitters.com ,in your own hometown.Everything you need to catch those drummiies.....the R

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the R.... i already know about hatteras outfitters im just lookin for others too!:D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
What happened to buying

at th local tackle shops that have th info when you ask "what is biting?" With th new Bass Pro shops opening how many of th "customer service reps" do you think will actually fish daily in this area? No I don't work for any tackle shop just food for thought! :(

·
Registered
830 Posts
Cdog, I beleave Bass Pro will try to hire local people who fish and hunt. I know the ones I've been in seem to have older people who know what they are talking about.
I just got a job at Dick's Sporting Goods and they go out of their way to hire people who hunt and fish or whatever for different departments. They also have a very good training program.
Now the marts are a total different story.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Thats an excellant point Dawg!!!I always try to buy local in support of the inde- businessman.If there is a TREMENDOUS diff in the price of an item Ill tell'em at what price I can get it .Usually they will get pretty close and Ill buy the item from them with a few add ons to help them make up the diff.It never hurts to ask but you dont want to "beat them up".............regarding Bass pro,I think you WILL get some pretty seasoned reps.From articles in the paper that interviewed applicants,a lot of them are sportsmen and think its a job made in heaven.Doesn't ole SKid (ooopppsss...thanks Kemmefish..Xpierat is who I was thunken of)work the one in Charlotte???Kinda lookin forward to the one opening around here but it will make life tuffer for the inde for sure.......the R

·
Registered
830 Posts
Xpierrat works for Bass Pro. He could write a book about surf fishing or piers for that matter. He also organizes casting practices and has simanars (sp) on fishing, I beleave. He may have even had something to do with them producing and selling the Ocean Master Surf rods. I am not positive on any of this, but I think I read it somewhere.
Don't get me wrong I buy lots of tackle and bait from small tackle shops. I have two custom rods from RDT, but I have learned much more from people I meet on the beach and people on line than I ever learned at a tackle shop. Still whereever I'm fishing I will buy something everyday from a local shop because I am a tackle ho. I quit smoking and drinking years ago and my wife allows me this addiction.:p

Tight lines...

Ken

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
You bring up good points Kenmefish. I guess I'm leaning with th R on how th Small tackle shops will fare with a mega chain opening up. I want an OM. Other than that I'll support th tackle shop where everyone knows my name. ;)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
i personaly support all small local bait tackle shops and as a matter of speakn there aint enough of m i personally wouldnt open n my own :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts