Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody fished spsp recently? If so any rock? What is the best type of bait this time of year and do u think i would have any success with lures?

Thanks alot in advance

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Things are pretty slow right now around the Bay Bridge (actually everywhere) but could change with a little colder water. There's still some good white perch to be caught using blood worms. For the rock I'd use fresh bunker fished on the bottom. You might want to stop by your local super market and see if the have fresh spot in the seafood dept. If they do I'd pick up 3 or 4 and use them. Just cut it into strips. If you catch any small perch (3" - 5") I'd live line those. For lures I'd try some BA's and Storms and retreive them along the bottom in short jerks with a slight pause between jerks. Fish these slow. You want to be fishing a moving tide. No water movement (current) means no fish. Good luck and post your results. Even a report of little or no fish caught is valuable to the next guy fishing there. Good luck.

Catman.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot for all of your help ill make sure to post when i get back. Probley will go sometime over the weekend.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fished sandy point today nothing but a couple small perch and some 4-6 inch striper.
any body else have any luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts