Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to fish SPSP this wednesday for a few hours after work. I hear there's a special place where some of you guys have landed keeper stripers and I want to join in on the action. If anyone is out there on wednesday, I'll be wearing a red cap I think.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I may be heading out there that night. I'll be with 2 12 footers, one is taped flourecent red, the other white. However, if you don't see me, at the right of the small boat launch area, go to the 2nd crescent shaped beach area, right in the middle. Two things you'll need to remember. 1- Cast as far as you can. 2- When retrieving your line, bring it in really fast or else you'll get snagged. FL Fisherman and I caught one last week, but I had no luck last night.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Tuna,
Did you catch anything last night? I am waiting to get my Power Pro in so I can respool my pools and get back on the water.

·
Registered
597 Posts
65#, so no leader needed. I had to tie another one last time out. It really is a pain. THis way I can spend more time fishing than working on my setup.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully things will look up within the next few days. Fishing was pretty hot and heavy as reported early last week but conditions change so fast. I think we'll be packing light this time with only 3-12' and a bait catching rod. If we don't see you out there, goodluck :D

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
So, So. I fished mostly at Matapeake last year I would bring home around 5-10 a night. I usually fished from 7:00-11:00 pm.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I'll be out there.

I plan to fish Wednesday evening also. I won't be going to work on Thursday because I need a mental health day! Look for a big black guy in a metal folding chair. I'll be singing my striper song!:D

·
Registered
597 Posts
I am not sure I will have it by then but maybe I will just painfully tie on another leader and come out and meet up with some other board members.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
reddog1 said:
Now you guys got me thinking of coming out on Wed. The weather is supposed to be great, hope I can swing it.
The more people we have out there, the more bait we have to attract fish. It's like chumming with hooks :D

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Don't worry, fish won't notice anyway.:D And besides, I need you to help pull in my rigs out there. (Lost 2 more last night).

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yup the rigs just keep piling up out there. Should put on a scuba suit and go serching for treasure.

I am going to try out this really cheap homemade rig next time. This way if I loose it I only loose two hooks and a weight. We will see how well it holds up.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What types of rigs to you guys use? I make my own high low rigs and it's fairly inexpensive other than the cost of hooks and weights. Since the blues are running, I switched from 40# Andes mono to 40# wire and it seems to be holding up well. I normally see people using the metal rigs you find at the stores but casting distance is really bad when the bait "helicopters" out there. It only takes a minute to tie a rig using wires and it's a lot cheaper than buying those metal rigs.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have never had a problem with those wire rigs from the store. I use 4-5 oz of lead and that thing is launched out like a missile. I am trying to tie my own those since I don't always have to motivation to get to the store to buy rigs.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts