Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Richmond this afternoon for the IRL race. Other than piers, any decent shore spots for an hour or two of fishing nearby to I-64?

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind...not enough time in the day!
:(

·
Registered
270 Posts
Give Green Tops sporting goods a call. I used to catch good size cats under the bridge over the the James River. (I-64 I think) anyway it was near the old ironworks and the river walk. You can park at the Old Ironworks and fish from the bank there. And it just happens to be near the Legend Brewery, great beer good food.
I used to use cut herring or bunker, cats seemed to love it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
its actually under i95 down by browns island. the fishing there is pretty good, though i wont go there cuz thats right where the waste dumps in the river.

nick

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
catch and release all catfish / carp from this river below th 95 bridge or ya might glow in th dark from kepone [ but the fishn is great for everything else [ :---> ]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh yeah, I-95. And the kepone scare is really kinda moot by now. Happened in the 70's and I think the limit is someting like 6 oz. of fish a day or 3 lbs a week or something like that. I think your safe with one every now and then. But there is nothing wrong with catch and release. I do it most of the time.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
tea more like 8 oz s a month , and beilieve you me someone should go down there and tell them fisn down there the same thing [ yea right ] them people catch and eat them :---> telling them that theyd prolly be ready to fight you ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts