Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What types of fishing snacks/food do people bring with them while fishing? I like to bring cold sandwiches and gummy fruits just to munch on during the often long wait in between bites.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Depends on the type of fishing I guess. When we overnight at AI, always an Italian sub from the WaWa in Cambridge. Canned ready to eat soups, heated on small coleman type grill. Chips, nuts, sunflower seeds, chees or peanut butter crackers and tuna fish for sandwiches after the Wawa sub is gone.

Beverages include fruit drinks like orange juice or banana strawberry, lots of water, a few Cokes and Sprite and of course some light beer.

Ooops, forgot the instant coffee for that morning kickstart, and if cold out some hot chocolate or tea.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Beef Jerky, any kind of crackers, combos, pringles, fried chicken, subs...all of the stuff that is good for ya!:(

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having a grill is great but not sure many people do that during the fall. Hot sauages and bbq chicken warms you up and fills you up just right. Add in a few monster fish and that's a trip worth taking.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Fresh catch!

A portable propane stove, frying pan and some oil to fry them fresh catches.... cup o'noodles (cheap and delicious during the late hours), hotdog for the noodles... .. i always bring thermos... keep my drink hot...

CrawFish

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
shaggy you mean no hot tautties when it gets cold(peach snopps) need to bring it for FLF you know how those way down southern boys are(further south than Bama). TRIGGER:D :D

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
If I am on a charter/headboat, whatever the
person next to next to or across from me is
eating always seems to be great!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Nope, strictly a beer guy and for the most (except for some reason when Hat's around) don't drink "hard liquor".

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
My very favorite fishin' food is the Italian cold cut subs that Trigger brings. Had two of them this past Saturday, thanks man. Next to the subs I like cold Royal Farm fried chicken and a couple of tins of smoked oysters on Ritz crackers. To drink I like a Thermos of hot coffee, bottled water, and ice tea and maybe a Coke. I don't drink and beer while fishing but there's always a six pack or two of Bud iced in a cooler in my Expedition for afterwards.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I like subs from WaWa or a Giant Italian(hoege spelled wrong but thats what people in joisey call it)sub.Philly Cheestakes from Cetrones would be better they're made with Provolone cheese not cheese wiz crap like others.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Vienna sausages, ritz crackers ,and a nice big ole block o' ny sharp cheese does the trick. Chased with ice cold tap water of coarse!

FISH(Finally In Saltwater Heaven)

·
Registered
823 Posts
tea, vienna sausages, crackers, ham sandwiches (several), vanilla wafers and pringles salt and vinegar chips.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Fishing foods

Apples, bananas, baby carrots, any type of sandwhich, crackers, diet coke and some water. Got to start bring some nuts for the slooow times.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
BANANAS!

Orest...There's a couple of things in life that we don't do. We don't "Step on Superman's Cape", we don't "Spit Into The Wind", and we don't take BANANAS fishing.:D Bananas are bad luck on a fishing trip, leave them home and substitute grapes which are good luck. Just some old wive's tales but we need everything on our side while we're out there.

Catman.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Orest,

Your assortments sounds way too healthy. Need to throw in a bag of pork rinds or chips for a balanced diet!:)

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
OK - CatMan no more bananas

Got to have one healthy meal a day.

Got to watch the sugar and fat intake.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts