Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom and I want to fish Saturday. Should I try and take her on a headboat (which one) or can we catch something at Lynnhaven or Willowby. Probably last weekend before I start the cookies, candy and holiday fall cleaning.:barf: I have to get an early start because we make over 1000 sugar cookies and pounds and pounds of delicious hard candy in every flavor you can think of! Takes hours, so... any help in appreciated.

Thanks in advance and once you all decide, if someone will let me know when and where we are meeting in Nov. I will try and make it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mama -

Far as I know, the pier at Lynnhaven is closed (if you were referring to the pier). I had some decent luck at Seagull last Saturday - mainly roundheads (whiting) on bloodworms and/or squid - but a few stripers were caught.

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I fished the Willoughby Jetties today, and although it was nice temperature-wise, and the water was clear, there wasn't much out there bottom-fish speaking.

I didn't see any croaker, spot, whiting or puffers. I managed one 14 1/2" flounder on a jig and saw guys in small boats fishing the HRBT get some small looking stripers.

I'd go with the headboat, and hope for a nice dinner striper.

THROW MORE BIG ONES BACK / PICK SOME GARBAGE UP

Jake Ace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts