Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance to stop by Red Drum Tackle in Buxton N.C.We were informed that Zziplex, Allstar and Breakaway rods are not intended for fishing and the funny thing is we never mentioned what rods we use.Darn! All that money I've spent.
bob

·
Registered
58 Posts
bob, i would love to go fishing but until i get a fishing rod i,m stuck! all i have are a load of zziplex rods that arent any use to me now i can,t use them for fishing. :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bob,

Were you surprised?

Did they not also tell you that no fish was a fish unless it was caught at the Point?

LOL!

Happy Holidays to all!

Blaine :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
But alas Bob, 'tis true. Only rods I use for fishing are, Daiwa, St.Croix, Kunnan, Shakespeare, Penn, Olympic, Maxam, Tica, Pinnacle, CosmoTech, Abu, Fenwick, etc. Unless of course I need to reach breaking fish out past the first bar. Then it's my "non" fishing rods! :)))

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Bob, I find that hard to believe I no several of the guys that work there and I know for a fact that they sell allstar and breakaway. Do you have a name?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jam
There were 3 of us there and I sure wouldn't say it if it weren't true. I went in there to buy something so what would be my purpose in making this up?
bob

S

·
0 Posts
Oh man, now you tell us. I just ordered another from Charlie. Does Oregon inlet count?

Bob can you send me you're email address? How did you do this weekend?
Rob([email protected])

·
Registered
593 Posts
OH no!!!!! I know a lot of people that are going to really be ill when they find out they spent all that money on a rod that is not a fishing rod...

By the way, did they say what those rods ARE for? :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
jam , i was there too. bob is correct. the guy who volunteered his opinion was behind the counter, about 5'7" or 5'8" and has white/silver hair. he seemed like nice enough guy. he probably just needed to unload the loomi$ inventory and this was his sale pitch. his rod of choice was the loomis 150. he felt it is the best rod to fish "the point". the other rods that were mentioned, he felt were not balanced and too heavy to hold for long periods of time. i do not own a loomis so i could not dispute his statement. but if he is going to make such a statement he should offer his patrons an opportunity to demo the rod. imho

ralph

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ralph - your description fits the owner of RDT. Y'all sure he wasn't being sarcastic, or full of Island humor that day?

Also, I'm not sure, so don't hold me to this, but don't they have demo rods?

Will.

·
Registered
797 Posts
will, come to think of it he may have been being just sarcastic. just do not know him well enough to know. again he seemed like nice enough a guy. he did offer the lastest fishing report. you may want to suggest to him the demo idea. i would not mind demoing a loomi$.

;)

ralph

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
no man I believe you it just suprises me sounds like it could have be Bob or Dan. They do carry everthing except the zips. But they custom build to order anything you want..... JAM

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ralph!! Doon't make me draw a line in the sand, take it back.
I believe it all. That's just the kind of convoluded " click" logic they are famous for at the RD. Does that make sense to a anyone else. A rod can work in the field and not catch fish? Rubbish!

·
Registered
309 Posts
You guys never mention Century rods, not that I've been able to detect anyway. Why is that? (I'll duck for cover if I have to!) :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Everyone
I didn't post this to harm his business.I just thought everyone would be amused by what"HE" said.
I'm sorry but his statements to me were not ment to be any kind of humor.AFTER he made the statements to me about the rods I told him we used Zziplex and Breakaway rods.For some reason his answer to that was Hatteras Jack does not employ anyone that fishes and that they are casters only.I have no idea why he said that.We had not mentioned H.J.'S There was much more said by him about our equipment and our ability to cast far enough to catch fish. All negative so we left the store.My only slightly sarcastic remark to him was after his statement that we couldn't cast far enough. I asked, Why don't you take me out and give me a lesson?
When we got to our trucks Ed ,Ralph and myself laughed and ask each other,What the he-- did we do to that guy?
bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts