Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The event is BIG BUBBA'S FISHING RODEO and will be held at Lake Artemesia in College Park, MD on May 9, 2009 from 8AM-11:30AM. It's basically an event for kids who haven't fished before or who have limited fishing experience. Volunteers will be taking care of a group of kids to teach them how to cast, put worms on a hook, etc...

Here is the link... https://ec.volunteernow.com/recruit...pSearchResults&recruiterID=1059&interest=3667

I will be one of the M-NCPPC Parks & Recreation staff who will be working there. PM me if you have additional questions.

·
Registered
235 Posts
little confused about this event

Hi, I’m a little confused about this event. We have been keeping it on the calendar and hope that my son and I will be able to volunteer. Tonight I followed the link and it seems to say
Big Bubba's Fishing Rodeo
Program/Facility: Patuxent River Park.

Will it be at the Nature Center, or Lake Artemesia in College Park?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, I’m a little confused about this event. We have been keeping it on the calendar and hope that my son and I will be able to volunteer. Tonight I followed the link and it seems to say
Big Bubba's Fishing Rodeo
Program/Facility: Patuxent River Park.

Will it be at the Nature Center, or Lake Artemesia in College Park?

Thanks
the event is sponsored/headed by staff from the patuxent river park/jug bay. the event will be held at lake artemesia (where, unfortunately, the body of a baby was found two weeks ago.). if you and your son are interested in volunteering then just follow the instructions and contact the person shown on the link.

·
Registered
235 Posts
OK, thanks.

OK, thanks.
We need to hold off a little longer before committing. My schedule is ever changing and I’d hate to back out after offering to help.

I was not going to mention the sad news…….
Hope I never have to deal with that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.