Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be fishing the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce Pier King Mackeral Tournament Sept 12-14. I will be on 2nd Ave pier. I would appreciate if ya'll fishing the area would post some King Mack pier reports between now and then and since the pier does not open until 6:30 or 7:00 AM would like to know if there is any area close by where I can catch live bait. I hate no being able to run a bait first thing in AM.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Man, I'd love to be up there for that. Maybe I can work something out so that I can be there. My advice would be to bring some small shrimp pieces and small hooks and drop right next to the pilings for some pinfish and tiny blues. Last time I was there, someone hooked up with a monster blue on their king rig. Pinfish were everywhere, unbelievable how many of them were down there.

It'll be nice to see P&S representin' for the MB King Tournament. Last year, I fished for flounder closer to shore on the pier during the tournament and didn't see any kings caught although I did see a huge spinner hit one rig.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just remember sign -up starts aug 30 and they allow only a certain number of entries per pier. 2nd ave will allow you to send your money now to reserve your spot, if they have any openings left, the other piers won't accept money til aug 30 and your best bet is to be there when they open on 30. Apache, Garden City and Spring maid would be my other choices in that order. chose 2nd ave because I live in Va and can't be there on 30 to sign up.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I love fishing the 2nd Ave Pier. I know the people who run it and they have been so nice to me every time I have been there. However, I just got word from the shop that my car is dead, so I don't think I'm going to get a chance to go. Crying shame, but I might have to wait until next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts