Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is winter over for good...dam i want to get out and fish. Well reading this board looks like SP and matapeake are doing well for early season... When is C&R season over? I want to head out to the potomac river near dc just to get out of the house and catch some herring, cats, or rocks. Waiting for that spring run to start over in Ocean City so i can try out some new tackle. The shad start in april rigt over at IRI? Last but not least another preseason fish Mackerel what happened are they ever coming back, are there any headboats out of OC going for macks? Man this is a long post.... BUT it has been toooo long of a winter!!! thanks all

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fished on Sunday the 16th at Havre de Grace and between my brother and me, we caught and released a dozen largemouth bass.
We were fishing with shiners on shad darts and we probably missed landing as many as we caught. We were fishing off the dock at one of the condos. I heard from the local tackle shop that the catch and release rock fishing was spotty and they expected it to pick up by next weekend; along with the white perch. I tried the power plant at carroll island today, but did not do well.
The perch seem to prefer grass shrimp which are in short supply from the local shops.
I fished for two hours and caught one fat bluegill on a dart/minnow rig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts