Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the surf just after high tide this morning. Water was warm (would guess about 70 degrees). Was throwing 3/8oz red round jig head with a 4" Gulp chartreuse mullet into the breakers and wash (2'-4' deep water). Caught one small speckled trout (8") and one small flounder (6"). Changed to Gulp white mullet and caught several more 10"- 12" trout.

Jim

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Gulp fish don't count, Jim. :p

Glad to hear they're startin' to show, too.

I got a couple undersized off the North Beaches when I was down earlier this month. Even them being undersized makes me happy.

And I didn't cheat. :p:p

(I'm hearin' good stuff about the Hot Ditch already, so you might want to take a detour on yer way back to Pocoson. Just don't tell anyone, cause it's a secret. Shhh.)

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gulp fish don't count, Jim. :p

Glad to hear they're startin' to show, too.

I got a couple undersized off the North Beaches when I was down earlier this month. Even them being undersized makes me happy.

And I didn't cheat. :p:p

(I'm hearin' good stuff about the Hot Ditch already, so you might want to take a detour on yer way back to Pocoson. Just don't tell anyone, cause it's a secret. Shhh.)
Too funny! You should be a writer!!! :) We still need to find time to fish... perhaps we'll meet up at the "secret spot"...

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts