Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Split time between Ramps 43/44 and 55. Beaches were quite crowded as can be expected for this time of year. Fishing was steadyish with a mixture of blues, short flounders, small pompanos, and a couple of puppy drum. All in all a great trip! Fished cut finger mullet and whole finger mullet. Wind was light mostly from the NE but got pretty brisk on Saturday during the day. Kept tabs on the NCBBA tournament while I was down there. 23 citations were beached and the guy that won last year won again this year with a 49.5" fish. Hatteras is a speacial place and I feel very blessed to be able to get down there from time to time. Hope you enjoy these few pics...

Fish Fishing Fish Recreation Bass

25" Pup

Text Font Wood Signage Wood stain

Bonus points if you know which restaurant this sign hangs in...

Fish Fishing Striper bass Pike Bass

My daughter with a nice pup she reeled in...

Fish Tail

Purty blue tail...

Water transportation Vehicle Boat Transport Water

Until next time...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great report. We got down last Sunday for the NCBBA tournament and left yesterday. Fishing was real slow for us the first couple nights, but Friday with the NE blow it was epic! I was set up about 3/4 mile north of my buddies fishing it and we beached 5 citations and one 38 inch yearling between ramp 32 and 30.

The sand tigers were thick and had a dozen break offs and landed one 6 footer but it kept things going to keep us awake all night. I had back to back citations hit within 15 minutes of each other at midnight. During that same time the other part of my crew stayed hooked up at the same time slots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts