Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife and i just got back from a fishing trip in waves n.c. from 10-25 through 11-01. we caught a ton of bluefish every day from the rodanthe pier. we were the only ones on the pier catching the fish and it was because of a home-made rig that i tied that floated the bait about 4 feet off the bottom. we caught snapper blues in the 1 pound range until karen's arms were so sore she couldn't wind them in anymore. thursday i caught 1 big drum 49" about 7:00 am. that made my trip say no more. several 40 lb. sharks a big ray also gave me a little big game action while she was busy horseing those blues in. once again the obx has provided us with plenty to talk about until we can come down again next year. oh yeah, she did catch 3 specks about 18 inches, man they were tasty!

·
Registered
823 Posts
great report! master baiter

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good fishing

dd,

karen caught those specks on the rodanthe pier.
by the way, i only told one person about my big drum. he was a guy that was bigger than me, (that means pretty big), i think his name was scott, and i think he works for some kind of law enforcement. all i know is that he can sling a bait a country mile.
i dont live on the coast, although i sort of wish i did, but it seems to me that the best time for old big boy (drum) is very early in the morning. or right after dark, or on a rainy windy cold day, or on a bright clear sunny day, or before a cold front, or after a cold front, or maybe methinks that you just have to have a bait in the water when old big boy swims by.

D

·
0 Posts
ditto on the morning thing. when we went the first week of october we only caught them at sunrise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts