Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called ALL the local piers for everyone from Wrightsville down too Long Beach and I'll post reports I recieved going from North to South....... time is 8:40 am
Surf is about 2 to 3 NE winds 10-15 Water Temp has dropped to about 70 to 68 (depending where ya are)

Johnny Mercer's:(wrightsville Beach) things are slow this morning not much being caught at the time ,,, couldn't get a report about last night though......

Carolina Beach
Carolina Pier ie: Northeren Ext... They seemed kinda excited this morning said they were catching alot of SPOTS!, and a mixed bag of Pomp's and Whiting...
Kure Pier... At the other end of the Island.. Reports Slow going this morning though (hmm notice the difference?), but producing a mixed bag of a FEW spots, whiting and Pomp's...
Long Beach Pier on Long Beach.
Spots-- slow going, coming in "spurts" and some whiting...
OC-Pier Reports the spot bite was on yesterday,, and slightly slow this morning......
I my self am going tomorrow and take the Kids fishing, and let them check out the beach one final time for the year (unless they want to go fishing some more).. And hope for the best in the fish cooperating... ;)
If ya plan on coming down check for the availibity of Blood Worms as most shops may be running shy of some about now......
And "fresh" shrimp....... If ya can't find blood worms pick up on some "fresh water" REDWORMS, as sometimes they do work as good if not better than bloodworms (I've seen it happen personaly,, no kidding)..... Now I got my camera software working I'm gonna try to post a pick........ With more to come,, (I hope)//....
And I want to also.. personal thank EVERYONE!!! on this board for helping me to "get back into the game" better than I ever had hoped for......
Sincerly David Brandenburg.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks!

Appreciate the reports. I think I'll continue my 'pier tour 2003' and hit something in that area, probably Long Beach. From the sound of the reports up and down the coast (and into SC) it sounds like the spot are still just a hit and miss proposition about everywhere. Hey, but somebody's gotta get lucky...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Back in Action

Glad to see your back in action! Hope you catch some big fish soon!:)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Good report LEADDRAFT.....Looks like a nice new rod and reel you got there.........Bet ya quite proud it......Good Luck. Glenn.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Great Reports LEADDRAFT
Thanks for the heads up . Good Luck out there.:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
LEADDRAFT,
Always appreciate the weekly update on the reports. Never fished that area so its nice to learn a little about what goes on. Congrats on the new combo, I hope it works well for you. Was that an Okuma reel?
Tight lines and popped riggers

·
Registered
823 Posts
YUP

yaupon pier is still there charlie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts