Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I always fish Ai when heading south but my permit has run out and the funds aren't there for it right before xmas. I was thinking of heading down this weekend and have never fished the surf in OC. Has anyone tossed bait on the Ocean side of the north inlet jetty, not in the inlet but the ocean? I know most of beach is flat around there but I would like to get out this weekend b4 its too late. ANyone any thoughts?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Saturday a 40" fish was caught on fresh bunker at 60th street. Also saw another keeper caught last night at 16th Street. There are fish there, just make sure to read the beach and fish the promising spots.

John

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Saturday a 40" fish was caught on fresh bunker at 60th street. Also saw another keeper caught last night at 16th Street. There are fish there, just make sure to read the beach and fish the promising spots.

John
How do you do that ? What is reading the beach ? Do you bring a book along ?:D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reading the beach is when you go out at dead low tide and try and find cuts and holes in the surf. also locating the bar and the areas of deeper water in front of and behind the bar. There is a great article writen on this but one of P&S's great fisherman from the area...can't seem to find it but I am surf someone has it saved and can fire in the link

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Reading the beach is when you go out at dead low tide and try and find cuts and holes in the surf. also locating the bar and the areas of deeper water in front of and behind the bar. There is a great article writen on this but one of P&S's great fisherman from the area...can't seem to find it but I am surf someone has it saved and can fire in the link
Oh , I thought it was looking for hot babes :beer:

·
Registered
862 Posts
There is a good post on stripersonline in the DelMarVa Forum. Do a search for "reading the water". I am not sure if I can post the link or not.

John

·
Registered
126 Posts
Reading the beach is what you tell your wife you are doing with the field glasses as you are scoping out bikini's. That's your "story" and you stick with it.

Seriously, watch swimmers wade out and you can see where water depths do rise and drop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts