Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting here holding the Jan. 2003 Florida Saltwater fishing regulations book.....and it says I dont need a license if i'm fishing from land, or a structure affixed to land. Well, I'm looking at St. George Island State Park, and its telling me that I do. Anyone wanna clarify for me?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Saltwater License
Those required to have a license:

Non residents age 16 and older fishing anywhere in state waters. A nonresident is someone who has not lived in Florida continuously for six months.

Residents age 16 to 65 fishing from a boat in state waters, the exception being those fishing from a boat covered by a vessel saltwater license.

Residents age 16 to 65 fishing from an island or other land area when the person or party used a boat or other waterborne means, including swimming, to reach land.

Those not required to have a license:

Anyone younger than 16 years old.

Florida residents fishing from land or from a structure affixed to land, such as a pier, jetty, bridge, dock or floating dock.

Florida residents wade fishing in 4 feet of water or less, when a boat is not used to reach the wading area.

People 65 or older with a valid Florida driver's license, Florida voter registration card or Florida Senior Citizen Exemption Card.

Any Florida resident who is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces while home on leave for 30 days or less.

Anyone accepted by the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services for developmental services.

Any Florida resident certified as totally and permanently disabled will receive, without charge, a permanent license from the county tax collector.

Anyone holding a valid Saltwater Products License. But only one person aboard a vessel holding an SPL may claim exemption from the license requirements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.