Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys wassup, I am the son of the owner of Fishing Island.
Real glad to see that you guys have nice things to say.
I will try and be real helpful here.

As for the blood worms, they are shipped in directly from Maine 2-3 times a week. We usually order 1250 at a time, and they usually go out within two days. Here is the thing, the blood worms are still excellent, but because of the rain in Maine, the spawning season of blood worms was delayed, therefore, we can not order as much as we would like at one time.

if you call ahead, we are more then happy to save you as many dozens you need.

the number there is (703) 780 - 8087

the address there is, oh shoot, i forget
but the website is www.fishingisland.com
i maintain the website, but have recently cleared it, and havent had much time to work on it because of school.

ummm, let's see what else, if you guys need any help or contact, and the number at the store is busy, feel free to send me email at
[email protected], and I check this regularly(couple times throughout the day), so I will be sure to respond to you guys. If you guys could put FISHING in the subject line that would help, since i get a lot of junk mail in that account, and tend to overlook those accounts that I am not familiar with.

alright guys, good luck this season.

here is a hint, the best luck i have had this year.
cross over the bay bridge, the first exits are romancoke and stevensville, get off on that. when you get to the top of the ramp, you can go straight/left/right. go right, and go until there is no more road. there is a pier there, walk to the end, and fish off anywhere on the left side, not the right side, but the left. I will assure you croaker, atleast 10 nice hard heads.

good luck to all

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Let me be the first of many to Thank You very much and I'll past this onto the people that I work with that are looking for a bait shop other then the one before the Bay bridge. I work in Merrifield. Needed this inforamtion about a week ago,needed bloods and couldn't find a bait shop on this side.:D TRIGGER

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
From the 495 exit it is about 8 miles on rt 1 south. If you are on the ffcpw you should go to end where it dead ends into rt 1 and turn left 2 miles ahead on your left. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
directions

here are the best direction that i can give

from the rt 1 495 exits:
take rt.1 south exit towards ft. belvoir
go about 8 miles or so, and you will see a 7-11 followed by a mcdonalds on the left side, when you pass this, look right, and you will see a horse shoe shaped shopping center, Sacramento Shopping Center, our store is in there.

coming from the other end of rt.1
take fairfac county parkway, until the end, make a left turn, and it is on your left.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Well I just want to say that the fishing island is one damn good place. Wish I had found it earlier. Just stopped by there before it closes and BS with a few people. Even learned that the pier on base is catching some blues right NOW! And get this monster striper are caught during the fall run! Well if I catch me a monster this fall off that pier I want to change my vote for favorite pier to Ft Belvoir fishing pier sandcrab!:D Great bait shop there, definitely going to get my money, not anglers!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Hey fishingisland,

Your dad told me about you getting a parking ticket today. Did you at least catch some fish before you got that ticket?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha

50 dollar ticket for not paying the dumb old parking fee.
i caught 5 croakers, but not enough to cover that ticket.
hahahaha
oh well, next time ill be sure to pay.
hope the bait remains good, and that you do well on ft. belvoir pier, and catch that striper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts