Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be going down to Marathon Fl in the middle of Dec, and was interested in what species would be around at that time. Also, are there any headboats in that area or nearby. I hate to spend $$$$ for a single person charter.

Rich

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Great Area........

Usually down during "Bug" season, so don't know what they target in Dec.

As far as headboats, give Billy a call at 305~289~0827

He bought another boat since I was last down, he works one out of Key West and one out of Key Colony Beach (on the causeway), which is in Marathon. The "SeaKing" was docked at KCB last time I was there, his other boat is the "Caloosa", who knows which one he has where ;)

Great Guy, great crew, great prices, and "will" put you on fish. In the summer he ran day and a few night trips weekly.

Sounds like you're going alone, check out the "Brass Monkey" while you're there (bar with live music, real layed back), stop by the "Conch Cafe", and have a couple drinks and the fried Conch apitizer(excellent) about $6. I usually leave after that, dinner's a little pricy, but they stay open later than any other place on the key, except for the bars.

IMO, Vaca Key is the best area in the Keys......

I wanna go........ :(

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going with the family

I'm bringing the wife and child and possible a few more family members.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Re: Going with the family

Baran013 said:
I'm bringing the wife and child and possible a few more family members.

OK, forget the Brass Monkey, not exactly family oriented :D

There is however a very nice public beach, with lots of stuff/playground area for kids and such. Don't remember the name, but anyone can tell you where it is.

Also, an "excellent" resturant (which I forgot the name of), that would be great for the family (great food/prices) is on "Grassy Key", which you will pass , right before you get to Vaca Key/Marathon. Just look for the "Yellowtail" Inn/motel on your left heading south. The entrance to the motel is right beside the resturarant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts