Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody - just joined the forum - I have been an avid reader for several years, but being an inlander I do not have a big opportuunity to post information.

I hope some of the MB veterans can help me out with a couple of questions. first, I am a seasoned fisherman, but have not fished MB - mostly VB, Cheaspeake Bay, Ocean City etc. I will be coming down for a week Aug 23-30, and am interested in pier, surf, bridge access to fish and/or crab. I am also interested in information on access to the Murrrells inlet jetty - can you access both north and south jetties? I read on the forum that the north jetty is blocked by a weir, and that you need to go through HB State Park to get to the south jetty. Can you get to the south jetty in the early morning or night for fishing? How far is the walk for each jetty from the nearest parking area?

What is likely to be biting the last week of August? I have seen that the fishing is slow on the piers/surf - how about the MI jetty? Hopefully the weather will cool and the fish will start to chew.

Finally, I will be there with my girlfriend and her kids - 8 and 10. Are there any opportunities to have lots of action, regardless of species/size?

Also what about headboats/party boats - we are staying in Surfside. Any recommendations for MI, Little River or Calabash NC?

Thanks in advance for the info -

·
Registered
71 Posts
See my thread about the past weekend. If you use small hooks and small pieces of shrimp you can always catch PINFISH with the kids. My 3 1/2 year old caught many. He cuaght one that was HUGE for a pinfish so it kept it fun and producing. You can always get other things in shallow water as well so that might be something you would want to try. Also at PAwleys Isaland there are Smaller jetties along the beach extending out into the ocean from the beach so I always reccomend fishing there over just plain surf especially this time of year. In a month and a half or two it doesn't matter as uch because the fishing is really good. For your time it will be up in the air as to how good it is. The drawback to Pawleys is you need to go in the early am or late Pm as there are too many people!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts