Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. i am fairly new to this forum. so i figured i would give it a whirl and see if i could get some advice. i go to Ocean City bout a few times a year. i was wondering if anyone here fishes there and could they give me some advice on where and when to catch live spot? i like to use them for live bait. i never seen to find big ones only small ones(bout 2in range). any advice would very much appreciated

thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if you wanna take the extra 30 minute drive up coastal hwy, go take cape henlopen state park in the summer. I always catch nice sized spot of the pier with a few small ones mixed in
FishingKid thank you for the info. also are you catching them off a pier or in the surf?

What about the Oceanic Fishing Pier in Ocean City? Are spot caught there in good numbers?
Is the Tog fishing really as good as the website's pics show?
I'm trying to narrow down good "living" areas to consider.
Thrifty Angler i personally havnt caught spot off the oceanic fishing pier. I have caught them at the bulkhead at 2-4th street and as well as 9th street pier. I have caught tons of small spot there but never big in size. Now as for tog. Ive caught dinky ones for the oceanic pier but that was just random. i have seen other people pull them up off there but they were going specifically fishing for tog. The bridge is also a place i have seen people catch nice togs

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Throw a castnet at the Cape Henlopen pier, or try them on really small hooks. In OC sometimes you can find them on the bayside, like behind the convention center, or else at the Northside Park at 125th st.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Thrifty Angler i personally havnt caught spot off the oceanic fishing pier. I have caught them at the bulkhead at 2-4th street and as well as 9th street pier. I have caught tons of small spot there but never big in size. Now as for tog. Ive caught dinky ones for the oceanic pier but that was just random. i have seen other people pull them up off there but they were going specifically fishing for tog. The bridge is also a place i have seen people catch nice togs
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.