Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
One thing to remember about Fletchers is you need a DC license. They won't honor a VA license and are checking all the time. I am going to try for shad and herring over by the airport hoping they make it down that far so I don't have to drop money for another license (on top of salt water, fresh water and trout stamp). BTW, I fished under the Wilson Bridge two weeks ago and caught about 14 yellow perch in the span of two hours. They may still be there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The easiest way to get there is off of Washington Street, which is the Old Town Alexandria portion of GW Pkwy. You want to turn left at the street that has Sutton Place on the left hand side (can't remember the name of the street) if you are coming from the airport.

Then just follow the signs to Jones Point. You may not find it right away (I normally miss it), but as long as you stay by the river and are heading towards the bridge you will find it.

It gets pretty packed on nice days and all you catch are BIG cats and little perch this time of year, but if you are as close to it as me, you can't beat the location.

·
Registered
172 Posts
FlounderFinder I think the name ofthe road is South Royle St

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.