Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to talk about fishing!With all this crazy stuff in the world around us.It seems when you're fishing at your local spot or any place,you leave it at home.You see the people that you met there fishing,or total strangers,talking about what's catching,how was they're week,family,what they brought to eat and drink.The great thing about fishing is whatever race,age,or gender. Fishing brings a smile on everybody's face and hopefully a cooler full of fish.

· Registered
4,268 Posts
After the year I've had.....I now appreciate folks more. I spent most of my time when out on the pier last time just talking to tourists.
Sharing some of the tips on what works for certain fish or crabs. Learning about the things they appreciate about their hometowns. Swapping history, enjoyments in life,
fishing stories, and just general knowledge.
And the one thing I found absent with the interactions I had.....never once did I have to duck from wildly thrown/heavy weighted rigs in the hands of tourist anglers.
Very enjoyable interactions all around.:cool:
Well...I did have to keep my eye out on a certain "regular" with their high flying back casts though.:rolleyes:

· Registered
4,687 Posts
Where ever I go I take a minute to take in the beauty. I have taken friends to very remote areas in Western MD/WV where you can fish all day and not see anyone - a real gift. Even taking in a sunrise on IRI or AI kind of reminds you of where you are - a special place...

Take the time before that first cast to enjoy the world around you...

Sandcrab

· Registered
485 Posts
I used to be stressed out all the time being in the military and all then I found fishing as a getaway. It took over my life as I would say it but it was all good. I used it as an excuse to get away from it all. I never had to worry about work on the weekends so I went fishing mostly all alone in the river trying to catch rainbow trouts while dodging moose and bears. Then got stationed in Virginia and started fishing for catfish and became a full-time pier rat. Now living in California happy as can be as a pier rat. When I'm not doing anything work related come find me at a local pier I'll be hanging around baking in the sun.

:fishing:

· Registered
170 Posts
An old guy that comes down to the pier I fish from told me the following (he heard it from an old guy when he was young) - every minute you spend with a line in the water, is a minute of your life that doesn't tick away. Love it.

· Registered
4,687 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.