Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but here goes what sould you look for in join a fishing club or is it a good idea to be a member of one?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Freash water or salt. I belong to one (North American Fisherman) and they cover everytyhing from fishing trips,guides to winning equipment and( field tested) testing new items that might be on the shelf the next year and once you test these items their yours to keep. The first thing I ever won was a rod & reel combo(61/2' rod) I use it to catch bait fish. I'm a life member. If you want to check this club out ,send me a PM. TRIGGER

·
Registered
334 Posts
I also belong to NAFC.
Its a great magizine with lots of benifits, and I do believe I learned about this web site about a year or so back.
Im a charter member.:D

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
coco,

I prefer a local club, as opposed to a national group.

Here in the tidewater area there are numerous anglers clubs. I've been a member of the VaBeach Anglers Club for about 6 or 8 years.

I definitely think it's a good idea to join one.
I would look for a club that has some fisherpeople that share some of your interests. You'll also have the opportunity to learn other types of fishing and techniques. Some groups are very family oriented as well, with yearly awards banquets, oyster roasts, activities for the kids and such. Most clubs also participate in and sponsor various tournaments that you'll get the opportunity to fish in.

I think it's a good way to go!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
repair5354 so how do you like it,have you tested anything,if so what. I'v been a life member for about three years and have gotton alot of good information out of it,maybe one day you'll see my catch and release,yeah right. TRIGGER:D Dr. Bubba, can anyone join the VaBeach Anglers Club the reason is that I do spend alot of time down that way,my sister lives in Chesapeake Va. and if it's possible I to would like to join your group?

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
sure you can join.....

...you definitely don't have to be a VB resident or anything. I live in Norfolk myself.

Meetings are the first thursday of every month at the fire station on Pleasure house road--7:30. It's open to the public, so you can just come if you're in town and check it out, then sign up and pay dues if you desire. If that doesn't work for you, I can find you someone to contact about membership.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thanks, maybe I'll do that next time I'm down or maybe contact you and see if you can contact that person that can contact me.TRIGGER

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi Triggerfish
I've tested fishing lures with some success,to a life preserver that you wear around the waist.
Plus all the info that comes in the magizine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts