Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend at work, and single mom, asked me to take her son, 12 I think, fishing. They live in Suffolk and I thought of Bennett's Creek. Anyone fish there recently who is willing to share their experiences? What's bitin, what they are biting on, etc. Or any other close by place to fish? Thank you!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like eastcoast said….sleepy hole has better fishing than Bennett’s Creek. Even better is the Green Mile just across the MMBT.
Thanks, I've seen some of your posts about the Green Mile. Most of my experience is fresh water, time to start learning some salt water. If you have bait recommendations for sleepy hole I'd be appreciative.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Same baits for the above piers…red bloodworm Fishbites, squid and shrimp. I usually start with Fishbites just for convenience sake…if not working within a couple minutes then they are not interested in fake bait. Will then add a piece of squid or shrimp. Squid is tougher and casts better but loses its smell quickly. Shrimp is softer but everything eats shrimp. Don’t buy EZ peel or cooked shrimp…deveined shrimp falls apart. I get a pound of shrimp at the Asian grocery store on Newtown Road and divide it up. You can also get a large box of frozen squid and sort it in usable portions in ziploc bags. I have not found salting baits made any difference. I use size 4 and 2 hooks. You can use the premade wire rigs or tie them yourself. Bring scissors, pliers, towel and bottle of water to wash your paws. Two ounces of lead should hold unless it’s rough. Feel free to bring 3 to 4 oz lead if you got a long rod. Often the further you can cast the better Bring chairs if you want to sit. There is a bathroom which you will pass on the way in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same baits for the above piers…red bloodworm Fishbites, squid and shrimp. I usually start with Fishbites just for convenience sake…if not working within a couple minutes then they are not interested in fake bait. Will then add a piece of squid or shrimp. Squid is tougher and casts better but loses its smell quickly. Shrimp is softer but everything eats shrimp. Don’t buy EZ peel or cooked shrimp…deveined shrimp falls apart. I get a pound of shrimp at the Asian grocery store on Newtown Road and divide it up. You can also get a large box of frozen squid and sort it in usable portions in ziploc bags. I have not found salting baits made any difference. I use size 4 and 2 hooks. You can use the premade wire rigs or tie them yourself. Bring scissors, pliers, towel and bottle of water to wash your paws. Two ounces of lead should hold unless it’s rough. Feel free to bring 3 to 4 oz lead if you got a long rod. Often the further you can cast the better Bring chairs if you want to sit. There is a bathroom which you will pass on the way in.
Appreciate the extra info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts