Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
When I lived in Ashburn I used to see folk fishing this spot all the time. I wasnt really into freshwater fishing at that time so I never fished it myself. Its very close to where you are in Dulles. There are alot of lakes and ponds accessible to the public in Ashburn. Do a google map satellite image of the town and you'll see what I mean. Found this online:

Beaverdam Creek Reservoir:
Beaverdam Creek Reservoir is one of Ashburn's largest, yet least utilized, public waterways. The reservoir is a 350-acre impoundment that sits just west of Belmont Ridge Road and north of Brambleton Regional Park. According to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF), Beaverdam was first stocked with fish in the early 1970s. Since that time, the reservoir has been stocked periodically with fish ranging from bluegills and largemouth bass to tiger musky and hybrid striped bass.

Today, the reservoir has naturally reproducing populations of bluegill, largemouth bass, crappie, redear sunfish, white perch, and the occasional smallmouth bass. Rumors still swirl of the occasional striped bass lurking in the depths of Beaverdam; however, recent VGDIF surveys of the reservoir did not locate any stripers or tiger musky.

There are only two public access points to the reservoir:
•If you head north on Evergreen Mills Road from Ashburn, turn right on Rt. 629 (Reservoir Road) and head straight to the water. There is limited parking – for about six cars – approximately 100 yards from the reservoir.
•The other option, with even more limited parking, is to take Belmont Ridge Road north from Brambleton, and make a left on Mount Hope Road. Take the road straight to the water, try to find parking, and throw in a line.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello guys, I'm doing some work around Northern VA in Dulles. Any places to fish out here?
Lake Fairfax in Reston is decent, but I think you're a week or three too early for their trout stocking campaign. One of the few spots in NOVA that has trout. Might want to contact them..

Lake Brittle in Nokesville is also a very nice place. I think a 78lb catfish was caught there once? I know they stock it with walleye, which again is very rare for NOVA.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lake Fairfax in Reston is decent, but I think you're a week or three too early for their trout stocking campaign. One of the few spots in NOVA that has trout. Might want to contact them..

Lake Brittle in Nokesville is also a very nice place. I think a 78lb catfish was caught there once? I know they stock it with walleye, which again is very rare for NOVA.
Who would I contact about the trout stock?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lake fairfaxs last stocking was 2 fri ago
snakehead fishing all over alexandria and arlington
spout run fourmile run roachesrun
small mouth bass Algonkian park riverbend park
burke lake park is good and foutianhead park too
oldtown occaquan has a footbridge all the way at the end of the street that holds alot of fish too
goodluck
if you like fresh waterfishing your in a great area
closest thing to saltwater would be Chesapeake beach area

1 - 8 of 8 Posts