Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys its my first time on the site and i would like to say hello to all my fellow fisherman. Ill be going to myrtle beach on the 15 through the 19 on my spring break and im looking to catch some fish. Ive fished myrtle beach state park quite a few times and its alot of fun but its always a hit and miss and i never remember what time of the year is good. Well i was wondering if anyone had any tips for where i should try this time of the year, where i should go and what ill be catching. If anyone wants to do some fishing maybe we can meet up and have a good time. Thanks guys and tight lines.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Welcome to pier and surf...You are right about mbsp..its hit or miss and for me it is usually a miss (LOL)...

you should get a few people chiming in on the catch this time of year which is slow ..

Don't believe anything you read by this Skunk:--|guy from garden city pier..

Have fun on your break:fishing:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey jwood! I'll be down the same time with my wife. Look a few threads down. We'll be at the 2nd Ave Pier. Might not catch anything but a buzz,:beer: but we're going to wet a hook anyway. Look for us if you like, we'll be the 40 somethings trying to act like 20 somethings.:p

·
Registered
25 Posts
You may want to checkout the spanish bite. Should be getting close! A long rod and a spanish rig jigging up and down should do it. You can get a spanish rig on most of the piers. Springmaid Pier is good when the bite is own ... but that's true on all the piers! Check the tides and take a walk on the pier and ask what's biting before commiting ... from 2nd Ave. to Garden City isn't that far by car, you cover 4-5 piers and a quick walk on the pier can help make for a good day of fishing. Of course any day fishing is a good one as far as I'm concerned whether they are biting or not.
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.