Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still planning my trip to the Wilmington area next week. Anyone have any experience with fishing after a major storm?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hoping to have lines in the water in Surf City next monday so long as the beach access holds. (it's brand new, so i'm fairly confident).
I will report back.

Fish got to eat--even if the water is rough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After last years hurricane...I caught two big red drum and so many Blues I lost count on cut mullet...it was amazing

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was at Holden Beach Saturday and Sunday after Hurricane. Water looks like tea but there is a ton of mullet running . I caught plenty of blues, red drum ,black drum, whiting and pompano. I hated to leave , but I got to go to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear it boomer. Sucks for me. The wife postponed our trip for a few weeks. So I will have to wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is off subject but I don't have a clue how to post or ask questions otherwise. Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent lightweight pair of chest waders for Surf Fishing? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
341 Posts
USMC2311, which beach are you headed to? Depending on the weather ,we have had good fishing into December at Holden Beach.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be going to carolina, kure, and wrightsville. I am willing to travel a little, thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts